This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Teaching others.

Lectionary: 296
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Isidore the Farmer


Paul taught Pricilla and Aquilla, and they in turn taught Apollos, who then taught others. Christ's message is taught person to person. Even someone learned like Apollos needed others to explain and teach to him. 
One more thing: The transfer of Christ's message from person to person has two implications for moms. The first is, never underestimate the importance of what you teach your children about God. You may think they aren't listening, but keep talking! By God's design, it's the way we learn. The second is the importance of finding teachers to help you grow. Sure it's important to read God's word and to pray, but the reading today tells us it's also important to have teachers. Make a commitment to grow spiritually this summer through a prayer or study group at church or an online class through your diocese. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to spread your message, especially to my family, by what I say and do each day. Bring wise and holy people into my life to help me grown in my faith and knowledge of you. In your name I pray. Amen. St. Isidore the Farmer, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment