This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Peek a boo.


Our Lady of Fatima

Christ seems to be speaking in riddles to the disciples. Now you see me, now you don't. They must have been really confused! We have the advantage of history and understand the message that is underscored by our Lady of Fatima. Christ was, is and is to come. One day, we will see him again! 
One more thing: Ever get discouraged that you are fighting a losing battle? You know, the one where you try to raise healthy and holy kids in a world going to hell in a hand-basket? Take heart! Christ reminds us that we will mourn while the world rejoices, but our grieving will one day be turned into joy when we see him again! Hang in there mom; it will be worth the effort. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I can't wait to see you! Give me hope and peace while I wait here for you. In your name I pray. Our Lady of Fatima, pray for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment