This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Keep talking.

Lectionary: 286
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Florian


The early church needed a lot of support. The new believers were easily swayed and when the community was faltering, the apostles sent some of their heavy hitters into the area to build them up. Think of your children as new believers. They too are just learning about the church and need lots of reinforcement. 
One more thing: Moms need reinforcement too. When you feel yourself getting a little lax, spend some time in adoration or daily mass. Jesus will bolster you up and give you the strength you need to forge ahead. Surround yourself with friends who are also friends with Christ. As the psalm says, "Your friends make known, O Lord, the glorious splendor of your kingdom."
Prayer: Dear Lord, Help me to prioritize my time so that I am spending time with you each day. Give me friends who are friends with you, and help us to support one another in teaching our children about you. St. Florian, pray for me. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Spent some unexpected time with a Sister in faith and fellow mom today. Wow, do I feel great! I'm stronger because of her and I know that the Holy Spirit spoke to me through her.

    ReplyDelete