This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Keeping the peace.

Lectionary: 292
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Ignatius of Laconi


"Your right hand saves me O Lord." How calm Paul and Silas sound sitting in that jail cell singing God's praises. I was neither calm nor singing today when things got a little stressful. It's May and schedules are getting hectic, tempers are getting short and kids are getting tired. I'm seeking the peace and serenity of Paul in that jail cell. 
One more thing: Today I failed to utter my prayer to the Holy Spirit during my time of stress. Jesus reminds us in the gospel that the Advocate is here for us, and we should rely on him. The Holy Spirit is the right hand of God who saves us when we are troubled, just as he was with Paul and Silas in the jail. 
Prayer: Holy Spirit, I need you with me as my children finish the school year, take exams, wrap up sports and transition to summer. Help me to sing God's praises through these hectic times and to keep peace within my soul during this busy season. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. St. Ignatius, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment