This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pruning the vine.

Lectionary: 287
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Gothard




"By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.” I was talking with a friend today about a little pruning going on in her life. Christ was calling her to do something and she wasn't quite sure how to fit this new ministry into her life. Christ tells us in the gospel today that the junk, whether physical or in our hearts, has to go! 
One more thing: What is in your life that is getting in the way of you being fruitful as a mom? Is it the TV, magazines that don't promote a good attitude about family, friends that aren't like-minded. Is it ideas from your family of origin or your neighborhood about how a mom should appear to be, rather than really be? Is it aimless wandering on the internet that takes time away from your kids. Is there anything that God needs to prune? 
Prayer: Father in heaven, I want to bear much fruit for you, especially in the upbringing of my children. Prune away anything in my life that is not of you. Jesus, I cling to you and pray this in your name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment