This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A blare of trumpets for the Lord.


Ascension of our Lord

"God mounts his throne to shouts of joy..." Think of the revelry in heaven when Jesus took his place at the right hand of God. While the apostles may have felt a little lost without Christ, he did not abandon them. He reminds them that "the promise of my Father" is coming to them. 
One more thing: The ascension of our Lord is a special day and fulfills all that Jesus came to earth to do. In our parish, we celebrate a priest appreciation day with a parish-wide lunch. What can you do with your family to commemorate this year of the priest? Something simple like praying for them, making a card or inviting a priest to dinner with show them that you love and support them in their ministry. If ever there was a time our priest needed support, it's now. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you suffered and died for me, and now sit in glory at your Father's right hand. Rain down your blessings upon your priests that minister to me and my family. In your name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment