This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Protection

Lectionary: 299
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

Saint Celestine V


Christ did not ask for God to take us out of the world, for the world is where we belong. The world is where we make our choices, freely to accept or reject God. Christ only asked that we be protected. 
One more thing: Christ left the earth, but he did not abandon you. He showers his protection over you and your family. St. Paul acknowledges to his followers that the wolves will come among them. He says further, "and from your own group men will come forward perverting the truth." As parents, it's your job to protect your children. When society says it's okay to let your kids have the run of the remote, the internet, even the neighborhood, know that with Christ as your model, you must protect your children. 
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for the precious ones you have given me, my children. Help me to follow Christ's example and protect my children so that they will find their way home to you in heaven. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. St. Celestine, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment