This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Feast of the Holy Trinity


Feast of the Most Holy Trinity

"Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions,
knowing that affliction produces endurance,
and endurance, proven character,
and proven character, hope,
and hope does not disappoint,
because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts
through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us."
One more thing: This passage from Romans should be taped to every fridge in every home. It reminds us that our afflictions and challenges are not for naught. With the help of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we will persevere through the challenges of this life and gain our eternal reward in heaven!
Prayer: In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I pray for perseverance to face my current challenges and to celebrate the hope that I have in eternal life! Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment