This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bloom where you are planted.

Lectionary: 293
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

Sts. Nereus and Achilleus


When the people heard Paul they all had different reactions. Some were not ready to receive the word, some needed some time to think about it, and some embraced it immediately. Isn't it beautiful that God waits for us to want him of our own free will?
One more thing: Jesus recognized that we are all at a different place in our faith journey. He held back his revelations to the disciples because they were not ready. He provides us with the Holy Spirit to give us what we need when we need it. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to me to reveal the way to you. Sts. Nereus and Achilleus, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment