This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


St. Catherine of Bologna

Christ went out of his way to make sure the apostles understood they would not be abandoned when he left. How much he loves us! He sends the Holy Spirit to teach us everything and remind us of what he taught while here on earth. The apostles then relied on the Holy Spirit to lead them in making decisions about the early church. 
One more thing: The Holy Spirit is alive and well in today's church and in your life. He desires to be a part of your decision making too! Even when those decisions seem as mundane as what to have for supper.  Jesus said the Holy Spirit is your advocate and will bring you peace. Call on him daily to help you in your vocation of motherhood! 
Prayer: Holy Spirit, come into my heart and home, brining your peace and wisdom. Lead me in the ways of Christ so that I may be the mother he desires me to be. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. St. Catherine, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment