This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Repitition

Lectionary: 284
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Joseph the worker


I wonder if Christ were walking the earth today how he would present his message. Would he use a power point presentation? Do you think that would have made it more clear to the apostles? Christ keeps telling them over and over who he is, and they still don't get it. 
One more thing: I'm sure Christ felt like we do as parents sometimes. He's talking and it seems no one is really listening. Instead of getting inpatient, he becomes compassionate. He explains it to Phillip yet again, more clearly and with love. That's a good thing for me to model as a mom. The times when I feel like I'm banging my head against a rock are the very times my love needs to kick into overdrive. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for showing me the way to the Father. Be with me as I teach and form my children. Give my your compassion and patience so that I may show them the same love that you show me. In your name I pray. St. Joseph the worker, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment