This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Love one another.

Lectionary: 564
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Matthias


I wonder if St. Matthias hesitated to fill Judas' position. I mean, he must have had a moment of hesitation. But despite Judas' actions, the Gospel still had to be proclaimed and Matthias ultimately said "yes" to God's call. 
One more thing: Christ calls us all to love in today's Gospel. Notice how many times he says it? If it was easy to do, he wouldn't have had to make such a point of it. How do you say yes to loving one another in your family? Sometimes we focus on what's going wrong in our family, (the fighting, yelling, shirking responsibilities, etc) and forget to notice all the ways we show love every day. Try to point out when you see each family member show love to one another today and praise them for acting like Christ. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to love every person I see. Help me to especially love my family members so that they may see your love through me. In your name I pray, Amen. St. Matthias, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment