This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Joy.

Lectionary: 288
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Dominic Savio


After a rough afternoon of running the roads taxing kids to various events, trying to squeeze in cooking and feeding them all and never getting anyone completely satisfied, and then dealing with the grouchies once we all got home, I admit it -  I lost my joy. My two year old picked out a book of bible songs for his bedtime story. Maybe he was trying to tell me something! 
One more thing: "Remain in my love." Sometimes its hard to remain in Christ's love and keep his commandments. This is especially true when the wheels are falling off around you. I know at times like these I have the urge to sit down and throw a tantrum just like everyone else! It's those times when I try to whisper a prayer, "Holy Spirit, help me."  Sometimes I just whisper it to myself over and over. Sometimes I shout it! Remaining in Christ's love is a choice, and with his help, you can choose to find the joy, even when you are up to your eyeballs in alligators!
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I thank you for your infinite love for me! Help me to follow your commands so that I may remain in your love, and share in your joy. In your name I pray. St. Dominic, pray for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment