This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Led by the spirit.

Lectionary: 290
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Acacuis


Paul and Timothy were led by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit has been very active in my life lately. He's at work in yours too, but are you aware of it? Notice how the Spirit didn't allow Paul and Timothy to go into certain areas, needing to direct them other places? Do you ever get that weird urge to take a different route home, or call a friend you haven't talked to in a while, or spend a little extra time with one of your children? These aren't arbitrary whims, but rather promptings by the Spirit. 
One more thing: Being aware of God's work in your life means you do not belong to the world. You are different. You might come under a little ridicule for this if your mom-tourage consists of other gals who are not like-minded. Just remember what Jesus said to his disciples,“If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first."
Prayer: Holy Spirit, fill my heart with your love and lead me to be the mom you want me to be. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment