This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Stuff.

Lectionary: 419
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Stephen of Hungary

Christ tells the young man, it's not enough to be good. To be 'perfect' one must be extraordinary, doing what others will not.
One more thing: We are doing some home improvement projects and as I find my husband and I discussing what to replace and what to buy, I've observed my kids wanting more stuff too. Some things are necessary and some luxuries, but we need to be clear to our children about what it all means. We've been talking with them more lately about money management and emphasizing the save, share and spend rules, making sure they see us doing the saving and sharing, not just the spending.
Prayer: Father in heaven, thank you for the comforts that you provide for me here on earth. Help me to be of the world, but not in it. Help me to always remember that what I have is for me to share and that I can never out-give you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. St. Stephen, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment