This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Clean sweep.

Lectionary: 410
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Addal

"Create a clean heart in me, O God. Give me back the joy of your salvation, and a willing spirit sustain in me."
Many of us find cleaning to be the least favorite thing about running a household. And with kids around, there is always plenty of cleaning to do.
One more thing: Today's psalm tells us that with a clean heart, we can have the joy of salvation. It might take a little effort to clean out the things that cloud our hearts, like resentment, anger, frustration, and selfishness. That's right, I now lots of moms that carry these things around and view motherhood as a burden. But getting a good confession out of your system leaves your heart squeaky clean and with it comes joy and a spirit willing to take on all the challenges of being a mom - even the cleaning!
Prayer: Dear God, help me to make a good confession of all the things that cloud my heart. Create a clean heart in me so that I may shine with the joy of salvation to all who know me, especially my children. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. St. Addal, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment