This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ave Maria.

Lectionary: 622
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Reading 2
Gospel
Feast of the Assumption of Mary

Mary enjoys the fulfillment of Christ's salvation, without waiting for his second coming.  We look forward to the day we can join her in heaven!
One more thing: Mary enjoys her special status not because of who she is, but of what she did in her role as a mother. She said 'yes' to God's call and because of her willingness to participate in God's plan, Christ came to save us all. Like Mary, none of us knows fully what God's plan is for our children or the heartache we may encounter along the way. We can only follow Mary's example and hope for our own heavenly arrival one day!
Prayer: Dear God, thank you for the example of perfect motherhood that I have in Mary. Help me to foster my children so that they become the fulfillment of your plan for them. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Mother Mary, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment