This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Moving mountains.


Lectionary: 412
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Cajetan

I particularly enjoy when Jesus shows his human side in the gospel. I can sense his frustration in today's gospel reading as he says, "Bring the boy here to me." If you are a mom, you know how sometimes it's just easier to do things yourself rather than take the time to teach and train the kids to do it. But Jesus doesn't forget that gospel must continue to be taught long after he is gone, and he takes the time to instruct.
One more thing: Christ's words in today's gospel give me chills. I can hear him saying them in my ear. It brings into focus all of the doubts, fears, and insecurities that cloud my faith.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, help my faith to grow from a little, to that which testifies to your salvation and love every day! In your precious name I pray, Amen. St. Cajetan, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment