This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Discipline of the Lord.

Lectionary: 123
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Reading 2
Gospel
Queenship of Mary

"...all discipline seems a cause not for joy but for pain,
yet later it brings the peaceful fruit of righteousness
to those who are trained by it."
One more thing: Everyone has their own parenting style. Some rule by the rod and others are anything goes. What is important is that we make conscious choices as parents to help form our children into the people that God wants them to be. Just as God is forming us through his loving discipline each day, we too must be active parents, whichever form of parenting that takes. When we knock on the doors of heaven, we want God to recognize us as the good and faithful servants who took care of his little ones, not just people who had some kids. 
Prayer: Father in heaven, give me the fortitude to actively and intentionally parent the children you have blessed me with each and every day. Give me the wisdom to know when discipline is needed and help me to administer it in love and with mercy. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Mary, Queen of Heaven, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment