This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Who is your god?

Lectionary: 361
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Ephrem


Elijah knocks me over with his absolute faith in God. The God of Israel did not change, the people did. God was still the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and he is still the same God today. He still awaits the return of his people. 
One more thing: God did not change his mind and send Jesus. God is steadfast and the same, forever and ever. Jesus is the fulfillment of all that went before. The only thing that changes is our faith and belief. Doubt overtakes us and we look to other god's for what we need. What are the god's that creep into your family life? 
Prayer: Heavenly Father, you are the one true God! Thank you for your steadfast love for me and for your son Jesus. Help me to keep my eyes focused on you and forsake all other gods! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. St. Ephrem, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment