This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Remember.

Lectionary: 377
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Irenaeus of Lyons

"Remember this you who never think of God." Today's psalm gives us a harsh rebuke against hypocrisy. God wants more than lip-service. He wants us to act like he is on our minds all the time.
One more thing: Jesus saw the crowd and wanted to go to the other shore. I wonder why? Do you think perhaps he was trying to get away from the people who were only there for the curiosity show? Was he trying to find his true followers; those who would leave their mother and father and the comforts of home to be with him? Was he trying to find those who would do more than just profess with their mouth and live out his commands?
Prayer: Father in heaven, help me to think of you always, even when I am tempted to rely on myself. Be with me when I am mothering my children and help me to make act like I am your child and a follower of Christ. In his holy name I pray, Amen. St. Irenaeus, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment