This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

At His feet.

Lectionary: 93
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Reading 2
Gospel
Feast of St. Anthony of Padua

Today's image speaks volumes to me about the sincerity of the woman in the gospel and the mercy of Christ. Jesus always gives forgiveness without condemnation. It's so beautiful! I wish I could be like that with my own family.
One more thing: How often our children make wrong choices while growing up. Whether they are two and scribble over the wall with permanent marker or 16 and wreck the car, they make mistakes. When mine come to me with repentance, I admit it is hard to forgive them without throwing in the, "If you had only listened," or the "Why can't you just follow directions," or even the dreaded, "I told you so." Make a commitment today to try to forgive as Jesus does: deeply, wholly, and without condemnation.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I see myself as that woman at your feet in so many ways. I bring to you all the times I have failed to make good choices, especially in my vocation of motherhood. Thank you for your loving mercy. Help me to forgive others, especially my children, as you forgive me. In your precious name I pray. St. Anthony of Padua, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment