This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Lost lambs.

Lectionary: 172
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Reading 2
Gospel

Solemnity of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus


The Sacred Heart of Jesus is what drove him to die for us. It is what motivates him to seek after us when we are lost and to welcome us back to him when we are sorry. It is the complete and perfect love that he has for each of us which caused that heart to be pierced and suffer. 
One more thing: You might not have much shepherding experience, but you are a parent. As such, you know how you worry about your child and how every fiber of your being is spent caring for them, especially if they are sick or worse, lost. The next time you hug your child and tell them you love them, remind them Christ loves them even more! 
Prayer: My Lord Jesus, thank you for your infinite and perfect love. Thank you for suffering for me so that I may know your love. Help me to mirror that love to my family and all those around me. In your precious name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment