This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good fruit.

Lectionary: 373
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. John Fisher

"By their fruits you will know them." Jesus assures us that the proof is in the pudding. We can give lip service to the gospel but when it comes down to it, can we live it?
One more thing: Today Christ speaks of hypocrisy and no one picks up on that faster than children. They have a filter for seeing right through a scam. That places a heavy responsibility on us as moms because they watch and model every move we make. Sure, they might listen now and then to what we say, but they are harvesting our fruits all day long.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to bear good fruit. Give me the fortitude to do what I say and teach to my children, fully living your word. In your name I pray, Amen. St. John Fisher, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment