This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A mother's heart.

Lectionary: 364 and 573
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
Memorial of the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary


Is there anything like a mother's heart? Sometimes it feels so full it will just burst open with joy, love and pride. Other times it aches with sorrow, regret, burdens and disappointments. Mary's perfect heart knew every emotion you feel in yours. She loved with an infinitely more perfect love and suffered sorrows many of us will never know.
One more thing: Mary is more than just a role model. She is someone you want to have in your momtourage. She is a friend, confidant, and advocate. She has felt everything you are feeling as a mom. As your heavenly mother, she will comfort you and pray to her son on your behalf. Remember the wedding at Canna? Jesus performed his first miracle because his mother asked him to. Let her too bring your desires to his ear. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, your mother had an obedient and deep love for God. Help me to form my heart to be more like hers, always saying yes to God's call and being faithful to my vocation of motherhood. In your name I pray, Amen. Mother Mary, pray for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment