This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Worthy of the call.

Lectionary: 477
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Peter of Alcantara

"I, a prisoner for the Lord,
urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace;"
One more thing: This is one of my favorite scriptures for moms. Other translations use the word 'vocation' for call. To me, this scripture sums up the job description, mission and vision of my vocation. I often fall short, but I strive to live it every day. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you have called me to the vocation of motherhood. Help me to live out my vocation with humility, gentleness, patience, love and promoting peace within my family. I can only do it with your help and grace. In your precious name I pray, Amen. St. Peter of Alcantara, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment