This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sacred heart.

Lectionary: 468
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"...only faith working through love."
St. Paul carries on Christ's message in today's first reading. Its not the rules themselves that make us who we are. Its the spirit with which they are carried out. I think of the old Christian hymn based on a native American melody, "Yes, they'll know we are Christians by our love."
One more thing: St. Margaret Mary received many visions of Christ and his sacred heart. His message was of pain and further persecution by the slothful and lukewarm hearts that came to him in the Eucharist. Think about your heart today. Are you going through the motions of your faith, obeying the rules without a fervor and love for Christ? Are you teaching your children that its more important to obey the laws of the church than to live a life of love for Christ?
Prayer: My dear Jesus, thank you for the sacrifice of love that you made for me! Help me to never take it for granted or further your suffering by my ingratitude. Help me to show my children my love for you and to teach them about your great love for them. In your precious name, Amen. St. Margaret Mary, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment