This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Divine Mercy.

Lectionary: 462
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Maria Faustina Kowalska

In today's first reading, Paul talks about his past life. It must have been painful and embarrassing to own up to his deeds before he knew Christ. Yet, he uses is own life as an example of Christ's divine mercy. If Jesus can forgive St. Paul, don't you think he can forgive you?
One more thing: Some of us have regrets in our parenting lives. Perhaps there are things we have said or done in regards to our children that we wish we could do over. St. Faustina tells us that Jesus is the source of divine mercy. Bring the things you feel guilty about to him and let his forgiveness wash over you. Be like Paul and foster your relationship with Christ. Make a renewed commitment each day to show Christ's mercy and love to your kids.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am sorry for the times I have persecuted you by not being the mom you want me to be. Thank you for the gift of my vocation. Help me to live it showing your mercy and love to my children every day. In your name I pray, Amen. St. Faustina, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment