This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Teach me what to say.

Lectionary: 472
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Marguerite d'Youville

I just started a new study group and at our first meeting this week we talked about temperament and grace. Two of the moms felt their faith attacked this week. It really pushed their temperament buttons and we discussed their reactions. They concluded that the Holy Spirit was with them at that moment because their response was not consistent with their temperament.
One more thing: Jesus tells us that the Holy Spirit will be with me in times of persecution and trial. My challenge is having a 'rational moment' where I stop from reacting and ask for his grace to help me in the situation. I'm pretty sure that if the Holy Spirit will be with me in front of rulers and authorities, he will also be with me in front of teachers, coaches, instructors and scout leaders. There may be times when I perceive my family's faith is attacked by the people who help me teach and train my children. In those moments, I need to remember the Holy Spirit is with me and will teach me what to say.
Prayer: Holy Spirit, thank you for being my constant companion. Help me to rely more completely on you in life's day to day situations, especially those where I feel persecuted. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. St. Marguerite, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment