This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chosen.

Lectionary: 666
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
Sts. Simon and Jude

In today's gospel, Jesus had a big decision to make.  He spent the entire night in prayer before he chose his disciples. It was no mistake that he chose Peter, who would later deny him, or Thomas, who would doubt him, or even Judas, who would betray him. He chose each disciple despite their shortcomings.
One more thing: If Jesus spent that much time and prayer choosing disciples, don't you think there was a significant amount of Godly thought put into choosing you as the mother for your children?  God formed them knowing everything about them and everything about you. He chose you as the perfect mother for them. When I am having challenges with my children, it both humbles and strengthens me to remember that I am perfectly chosen to do this job.
Prayer: Father in heaven, thank you for choosing me to mother these precious souls. Give me the grace I need to live my vocation as fully as you intend. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Sts. Simon and Jude, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment