This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Mirror image.

Lectionary: 479
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
St. Antonio de Sant'Anna

"Behave like God as his very dear children."
One more thing: I'm humbled when I think of myself as a child of God. I think about all the times I'm correcting my kids and imagine God doing the same to me. More sobering is putting myself in the place of a child who usually misbehaves more often than I get it right. God doesn't put me in time out or take away privileges, but the natural consequences of failing to behave like he does usually results in me punishing myself. If I'm supposed to imitate my heavenly father, then my children are supposed to imitate me. When they misbehave do I see a reflection of myself?
Prayer: Father in heaven, thank you for showing me how to live. Help me to imitate your great love and mercy and show that to my children, so that their behavior will be a reflection of you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment