This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kneading the dough.


Lectionary: 480
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
Blessed Cartardo Ferrini

If you have ever made bread, you know what hard work it is to knead the dough. The purpose of kneading is to spread the yeast throughout the mixture. Yeast is a tiny little organism that when used correctly, has pretty big results.
One more thing: Christ tells me in today's gospel that spreading his message takes time. The domestic church takes time and effort to grow and prosper, just like the yeast in dough. I take encouragement from Jesus' words today and I know that as long as I work for him, he will multiply my efforts.
Prayer: Dear Jesus, thank you for your words of encouragement as I grow the domestic church that is my family. Bless my efforts and help me to show by example your great love and mercy. In your precious name I pray, Amen. Blessed Cartardo, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment