This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Christ is the center.

Lectionary: 474
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel
Sts Isaac Jogues, John de Brebeuf and Companions

"My confidence is placed in God who does not need our help for accomplishing his designs. Our single endeavor should be to give ourselves to the work and to be faithful to him, and not to spoil his work by our shortcomings" (from a letter of Isaac Jogues to a Jesuit friend in France, September 12, 1646, a month before he died).
One more thing: St. Paul writes about the centrality of Christ to our lives both here on earth and after death. Christ is the only reason we have the hope of salvation. He is the connection between us here on earth and our Father in heaven. He is the bringer of the Holy Spirit. Today's feast day martyrs lived their lives with Christ as the center. Do I?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for living and dying for me. I worship and adore you! Help me to live my life as a reflection of your love. Help me to share the message of your salvation and love with my children every day. In your precious name I pray, Amen. Sts. Isaac, John and Companions, martyrs for your faith, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment