This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Counter cultural.



Lectionary: 259

Christianity doesn't seem very popular in some circles today. The family is attacked in the media and on the street. You may even feel pressure from your family of origin about being "too religious". Jesus knew what it was to be persecuted, yet He persevered because He was doing the work of His Father. 
One more thing: The prophet Isaiah reminds us "The Lord God is my help, therefore I am not disgraced." By being a mom, you are doing God's work too! Keep up the observance of Holy Week with your family by remembering Christ's passion, and hold strong in your observance of Easter as a celebration of Christ's rising. Remind the kids that the Easter bunny is just a guest at the party. Once again, Jesus is the reason for the season! 
Prayer: Dear Lord, in your great love, answer me. Help me to keep my family focused on your death and resurrection this week, so that we may shine like flint and proclaim your good news to others by our example. In your name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment