This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Monday, March 29, 2010

A special role.

Lectionary: 257
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

Saint Secundus


"He shall bring forth justice to the nations. Not crying out, not shouting, not making his voice heard in the street." He simply will do it; bring justice and lead by example. Clinging to the Lord as our light and our salvation, we simply must plod along, quietly, faithfully, living the life of family we have been called to. 
One more thing: Are you a Mary or a Martha? Note in the gospel the role of each sibling. Martha served; Lazarus reclined conversing with Jesus; Mary simply and quietly anointed Christ's feet. Each fulfilled the role they were called to do, just like each of your children fulfills a role in your family. The next time life's "not fair" among siblings, remember this bible story. Remind your kids that each has a special and unique role in your family life, and in how they serve Christ. 
Prayer: Dear Jesus, thank you for the uniqueness of each of my children. Help me to appreciate the special role each of them plays in our family. St. Secundus, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment