This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Followers.


Lectionary: 258
St. John Climacus

"Mom, where are you going?" Our little ones always want to be with us. Even when they are bigger, sometimes you have to remind them, where I am going, you can't come. You know, places like the shower. That's what I'm reminded of by today's gospel. The apostles wanted to spend every moment with Christ; they wanted to follow him everywhere. Do you have that same drive to follow Christ and be in his presence always? 
One more thing: Even though Jesus knew what was going to happen, he still handed Judas the morsel. He loved you so much. He loves your children that much too. Follow him always. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, as I walk with you this week through your passion, I am reminded of just how much you love me. Thank you for dying for me. Thank you for my salvation. Keep me by your side always. In your name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment