This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The journey.


Lectionary: 252

Moses and the Israelites were on a journey to the promised land, just as we are journeying toward our heavenly paradise. But along the way, they lost sight of the ultimate destination. Jesus reminds the Jews in the gospel that because they are grounded here on earth, this will be the end of the journey for them. 
One more thing: Following Jesus means to finally join Him one day in heaven. Keeping our kids focused on that end goal is our job. There are so many earthly distractions, it's easy to forget there is more to our lives than ipods and texting. As a reminder, try having your kids describe heaven or make a picture of what they think it looks like. 
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your Son to lead me home to You in paradise. Shield me and my family from the distractions of this world, and keep us focused on joining you one day in heaven. Through Christ our Lord, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment