This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, March 12, 2010


Lectionary: 241
St. Rosine of Wenglingen

'And when Jesus saw that he answered with understanding, he said to him,"You are not far from the Kingdom of God." Could it really be that easy? Simply understanding these two commandments? If understanding and acting on these two commandments were really that easy, the world would be a better place! 
One more thing: Really understanding the great commandments so that we live them, may take a lifetime. So, it's important to start learning them young! Most rules can be boiled down to one of these two commands, so be sure to recite them to your child frequently! 
Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for showing me how to get to heaven. Help me to live out your commandments so that I am an example of them to my family. St. Rosine, pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment