This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Monday, March 22, 2010

A light in the darkness.

Lectionary: 
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

Saint Lea of Rome


Susanna was definitely in a dark valley. Because the laws did not favor women, she was without an advocate, until Daniel came along. Each of us have our own dark valleys from time to time. Know that Christ is always there to light the way. 
One more thing: Who better to light the way through this sometimes dark and murky world than Christ himself? And He reminds us in the gospel that when He is there, the Father is present also. Wow! Teach your children today's psalm, and remind them that even when things get bleak, Christ is the glimmer of hope and light leading us all to everlasting life! 
Prayer: My dear Jesus, thank you for lighting the way for me. Help me to always follow you; to stay focussed on your light, so that one day I may join you in heaven. In your name I pray. St. Lea of Rome, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment