This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Creation.


Lectionary: 31
St. Roderigo of Cordoba


As spring blooms I think about the second reading. 
'Whoever is in Christ is a new creation." St. Paul tells us that things of old pass away through reconciliation. He implores us to be reconciled to God. 
One more thing: Lent is a time for reconciliation. Be sure to take advantage of the sacrament before Easter, and make sure you take your children along too. The tale of the prodigal son is a perfect story to explain to them that no matter what we do, if we apologize to God and ask forgiveness through the sacrament of reconciliation, God takes us back. Always. 
Prayer: Father in heaven, thank you for your boundless mercy. I'm sorry for the times I have sinned against you. Please forgive me and make me a new creation, one that reflects your love. St. Roderigo, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment