This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Monday, March 15, 2010

A new dawn.

Lectionary: 244
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Longinus


Isaiah tells us the new Jerusalem will be filled with joy. For us, the new Jerusalem was created on Easter morning, when Christ rose from the dead. No longer do we have to dwell on our sufferings, but in the glorious life we will have evermore with God in heaven. 
One more thing: The royal official knew Jesus was in town and despite his high office, brought his burden to him. It's easy to sit around and wait for Jesus to come in and heal our children, but we should follow the example of the official and seek out Christ on their behalf. 
Prayer: Dear Jesus, thank you for the new life you create in me with your resurrection. Please watch over my children; keep them safe and healthy. St. Longinus, pray for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment