This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Sticks and stones.

Lectionary: 255
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel

St. Lucia Filippini


Little girls have a tendency to be fickle. Someone might be your BFF one day and talk about you on the playground the next. Sadly, some little girls never grow up. As moms, we sometimes have to tiptoe through the political land-mines of our kid's friendships. Jeremiah knew what this felt like. Yet he remembers the Lord is with him and praises Him for his protection and faithfulness. 
One more thing: Jesus too knew how it feels to have friends turn against you. Our job as moms is to teach our children how to be true friends who show the love of Christ. The best way for us to teach this is to model healthy friendships ourselves. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you know how fickle the human heart can be and the sting of betrayal. Help me to support my children as they make friends and to show them healthy, loving relationships with my own friends. St. Lucia, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment