This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A model to follow


Holy Thursday

"As I have done for you, you should also do." Christ did so much more for us than just wash the feet of the apostles. He gave his very life for us! He also dined with sinners, showed compassion to the lowly, and comforted the sorrowing. He fed the multitudes, was never too busy for the children, and healed the sick. As a mom, you have so many opportunities to model Christ, doing just what He did! What better way to teach your kids about Him?
One more thing: If you have the opportunity to attend the Holy Thursday service tonight, please do! Especially if you have never attended before. Sure it might be a late night, but the kids don't have school the next day. Watching the clergy washing the feet of the new candidates and catechumens is so beautiful! 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to model you and serve my family at every opportunity. In your name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment