This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

What's it going to take?

Lectionary: 266

Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel



Jesus must have just shook his head when he walked in to see the 11 in the upper room. I can just imagine him saying,"Really guys? Really? After everything I've done and what Mary and the others told you, you still don't get it?" I wonder how often he shakes his head at us moms. I'm guessing its when I get uptight about the mess the kids make, or loose my patience with a cranky little one, or worry and fret about a teenager. It's when I don't completely and fully rely on Him in even the most mundane day to day moments. 
One more thing:The psalm reminds us that God's mercy endures forever. This week during the divine mercy novena, Christ is asking for prayers for all the souls in every condition. If yours is a little lukewarm or distant, and you've forgotten how to really believe, offer Him your soul at Mass tomorrow and rejoice in His Divine Mercy. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, Thank you for your endless mercy and forgive me for my times of unbelief. Help me to fully rely on you in all aspects of my life. In your name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment