This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Transformation.

Lectionary: 265
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel


Just a few days before, Peter denied even knowing Jesus. Now we find him preaching and healing in His name. Not only does he claim to know Christ, but he stands boldly in front of the high priests and proclaims there is no other name under heaven by which we are saved. 
One more thing:  Anyone who has been up all night with a fussy baby or a late teenager can imagine the frustration Peter and the others felt at being up all night without a catch. Just when they wanted to go home and get in bed, Jesus asks them to cast their nets one more time. Ugh! They obeyed and were rewarded with an amazing catch. Do you ever feel at the end of your rope and then you hear, "Mom, can you...?" Take a minute and imagine Jesus asking you to cast your net one more time for Him as you tend to your child. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, Help me to remember as I live my vocation of motherhood that I do this for you. Be there with me after sleepless nights and refresh me as you did the disciples on the beach. In your name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment