This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Knocked off your horse.

Lectionary: 277
Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel



Paul must have been riding pretty high on that horse when Jesus knocked him off. Ever have days like that? You're thinking how proud you are of  yourself and what a together mom you are and out of nowhere your little one throws a hugemongous tantrum in the grocery store,  your teenager mouths off to you in front of people and you are rejected as unfit to parent an adopted dog.  Humility usually comes when we think we need it least. 
One more thing: Many people like Ananias, had doubts  about Paul. After all, they knew what his past was like. Paul just goes to prove that imperfect people can do perfect things in Christ's name. A few high-horses in your past? Let it go. Focus on what God wants you to do today, starting with being the mom He wants you to be.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to stay grounded and keep my vision focused firmly on you! St. Paul, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment