This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stormy seas.

Lectionary: 272

Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel 

St. Benedict Joseph Labre


As moms its hard to get a moment's peace. Even in the strangest and most remote places (think bathroom, pantry closet, attic) the kids can find you. Jesus is like that too! A stormy sea is no object to him getting to the apostles. And mom mayhem can't keep him away from you either. 
One more thing: The apostles knew that taking care of the flock's physical needs were just as important as their spiritual ones. Therefore they instituted the diaconate so that the widows were fed and cared for. You don't have to be ordained to carry out this special job. When you think diapers and dinner aren't holy, remember its just as important now as it was in the early church. 
Prayer: Lord Jesus, come to me when my boat is rocking. Be with me on my stormy seas. Help me to see you clearly through the fog of my daily life. St. Benedict, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment