This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Light.

Lectionary: 269

Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel 



The Apostles were sitting in darkness in that prison and were dazzled by the light of the angel illuminating their way to freedom. They followed that light and did as they were instructed. When you seek out the light, you can't help but live in truth. 
One more thing: Now that some of us are experiencing some mild spring evenings, use the time around the fire pit or on the patio to talk to your kids about the light of Christ. Kids are fascinated by the bugs that are attracted to the light at night. What better time to share how God so loved the world that He sent his own Son to be our light in the darkness. 
Prayer: Dear Lord, you are my light and my salvation. Help me to be a beacon of light to my family so that when they look at me they see you. In your name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment