This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Of human origin.

Lectionary: 271

Reading 1
Responsorial Psalm
Gospel 

St. Bernadette


"For if this endeavor or this activity is of human origin,
it will destroy itself.
But if it comes from God, you will not be able to destroy them;
you may even find yourselves fighting against God.”

If we seek to dwell in the house of the Lord, then what we endeavor must be of the Lord. 
One more thing: Do you ever find yourself butting your head up against a wall time and time again? For me, it's usually when I'm trying to get something accomplished. It's those times that I have to step back and evaluate if that activity or project is of the Lord. Have I taken on too much? Am I neglecting my vocation of marriage and motherhood? Is this activity going to bring me closer to the house of the Lord? 
Prayer: Father in heaven, guide my actions that they may be of you and reflect my desire to one day be with you in your house. St. Bernadette, pray for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment