This devotional is uniquely Catholic in that the meditation is based on the daily readings for the Mass, called the Lectionary. But you don't have to be Catholic to find a home here! Click on 'Today's reading' for the lectionary link to read the bible readings, then click the back button and spend a few minutes with the meditation. Relax! This is your time, well deserved, much needed, and holy. Let all the things you "should be doing" melt away and bask in the presence of your God who loves you!

Before we begin, let us pray,

Father, you created me and put me on earth for a purpose. Jesus, you died for me and called me to complete your work. Holy Spirit, you help me to carry out the work for which I was created and called. In your presence and name - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I begin my meditation.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Return to Me.


Lectionary: 219
Ash Wednesday

Email, voice mail, snail mail, cell phones. There are so many ways that people can contact you. Today's readings remind us that God is calling you too! For the next forty days we focus on repentance and returning to God. And as He assures us, He will be merciful. 
One more thing: Despite all the parenting books and theories, the ultimate example of a good and loving parent is God himself. Wouldn't it be wonderful if one day our children say about us, "my mom was gracious and merciful, slow to anger, rich in kindness and relenting in punishment"? 
Prayer: Be merciful, O Lord, for I have sinned. Create in me a clean heart so that I may grow in your love during this Lenten season. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment